Established in 1952 by a group of dedicated parents, The Arc Prince George’s County stands as a prominent and comprehensive pillar of assistance for individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities and their families. Spanning from infancy to the elderly, our organization offers a wide spectrum of provisions, including community integration, employment training, residential care, and advocacy.
As one of hundreds of Arc Chapters across the nation, The Arc Prince George’s County has a vast network of supporters. We enjoy support from families, loyal donors, business leaders, elected officials, and concerned citizens. The Arc US holds the distinction of being the world’s largest membership organization devoted to advancing the well-being of individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities and their families.
Through a dynamic assortment of programs and strategic partnerships, we extend our aid by tailoring services to the unique needs of each individual and family. Our unwavering mission is to empower those with the necessary skills, access, and knowledge to become active and engaged citizens within their communities.
During the past year, The Arc of Prince George’s County has:
- Provided information and referral to over 1,350 people
- Hosted 120 workshops and seminars attended by more than 3,300 people
- Provided case management services for nearly 1,000 children and families
- Assisted more than 130 individuals with in-home community support
- Engaged more than 500 individuals in recreational activities
- Supported more than 170 individuals in 50 homes throughout the county
- Facilitated day supports for 216 people in four sites
- Partnered with more than 40 leading employers to provide 150 people with meaningful supported employment
- Employed staff of 750