Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Planned Giving Options
- Gifts of Cash – A gift of cash is a simple and easy way for you to make a gift.
- Gifts of Stocks and Bonds – Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to our organization.
- Gifts of Retirement Assets – Donating part or all of your unused retirement assets such as a gift from your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax-deferred plan is an excellent way to make a gift to our organization.
- Gifts of Insurance – A gift of your life insurance policy is an excellent way to make a gift to charity. If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, consider making a gift of your insurance policy. For example, you may have purchased a policy to provide for minor children and they are now financially independent adults.
Gifts of Real Estate – Donating appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property can make a great gift to our organization.
How to Give
Giving to the Arc can be done either directly or through a gift model that can provide tax benefits and even income.
- Bequest – You designate our organization as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust or beneficiary designation form.
- IRA Rollover – Congress has enacted a permanent IRA charitable rollover. As a result you can make an IRA rollover gift this year and in future years.
- Beneficiary Designation Gifts – You can designate us as a beneficiary of a retirement, investment or bank account or your life insurance policy.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – You transfer your cash or appreciated property to our organization in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed payments (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life.
Donor Advised Funds – You fund a DAF and make charitable gift recommendations during your lifetime. When you pass away, your children can carry on your legacy of giving.
Learn About Wills and Bequests
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or The Arc Prince George’s County as part of your estate plan.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets