What is Metro Access?
Metro Access, a curb-to-curb shared ride program is available to people who cannot use public transportation due to a disability.
How do I get Metro Access services?
Participation requirements include a completed application certified by a health care professional, and a functional assessment of transportation needs. To obtain an application, please click here or call 202-962-2700.
How much does Metro Access cost?
The base fare for Metro Access service is $2.50 per trip. If the start or drop-off location is more than ¾ mile from the nearest bus stop an additional $1.00 fee will be added for every 3 miles beyond that point. The maximum Metro Access cost is $6.50. For more information on Metro Accessibility please click here.
Metro also has a free ride program for all MetroAccess customers with a valid MetroAccess ID and one companion on Metrobus, Metrorail, DC Circulator, Montgomery County Ride-On, Falls Church’s George, Fairfax County’s Fairfax Connector, and the City of Fairfax’s Cue. A free training and orientation to the system is also available by calling 202-962-1558.
What other transportation modes are available?
- Call-A-Cab transportation service provides mobility at a 50% reduced rate for senior and people with disabilities through a network of taxicabs that accept the discount vouchers in Prince George’s County. Call 301-883-5656 for applications.
- Call-A-Bus transportation service provides curb-to-curb mobility for senior citizens, people with developmental disabilities and the general public. Advance reservations are necessary. The service operates Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm in Prince George’s County. Call 301-499-8603 for reservations.
- Medicaid Transportation Services provide transportation to medical appointments during the day in Prince George’s County. To receive services, you must have an active Medicaid Service Number and be a Prince George’s County resident. Be prepared to provide the doctor’s name and address in addition to the patient’s name, Social Security number, Medial Assistance number, address and home phone number. Call 301-856-9555 for services.
- Silver Cab accepts vouchers from The Arc of Prince George’s County. Call 301-577-2111 or fax 301-341-5140 for services.
- OnTIME Transportation provides door-to-door services and wheelchair accessibility. Call 301-474-6111.
Other transportation related services:
- Ride-Away Equipment Corporation, located in Clinton, MD, specializes in adaptive equipment and van conversions. Call 888-743-3292 or 888-285-0243 for services.
- Vehicles for Change is a non-profit agency that gives vehicles to individuals who need assistance in order to work at a full time job. Individuals must be sponsored by an agency in order to qualify. Call 800-835-3821 for services or to donate a vehicle.