Camp Funds Available!
The Arc Prince George’s has received a generous grant from the George Preston Marshall Foundation to assist families with camp tuition for their children with disabilities. The funds will be made available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning February 18th. Please see the attached information for details.
Camp Funds – What you need to know!
- · Funds are available on a first come, first served basis. Applications will be accepted from Monday, February 18th at 9am through Friday, February 28th, at 3pm. (Applications that arrive before or after that period will not be accepted.)
· The camper must be 21 years old or younger.
· The camper must be a resident of Prince George’s County.
· The camper must have a developmental disability.
· The camp must be licensed.
· The Arc will pay up to $500 per camper. More than one camper per family may be funded if they meet the criteria.
· The family is responsible for registering the child with the camp. Please make sure the camp is not already full.
· The Arc will make payments directly to the camp. (No reimbursements to family.)
· Funds must be used for 2020 summer camp only. However, this may include before/after care at the same camp.
· Day care and classes will not be funded. · Applicants are encouraged to send an email to Jlinder@thearcofpgc.org with ALL the following information:
o Name of child
o Name of camp and requested amount
o Documentation of developmental disability (face sheet from an IEP or documentation from a physician)
o Age of child (this is on the IEP face sheet)
o Address of child (this is on the IEP face sheet)
The family will be responsible for registering the child and submitting an invoice to The Arc for payment.
The Arc will provide a letter of intent to the camp upon request.
*If you plan to use PGParks & Recs for summer camp please note that their summer camp registration does not open until February 29th. To retrieve invoices Parents will have to attend summer registration Saturday, February 29th .
Please direct any questions to Ms. Linder at: email@example.com