People on the Go is a nationally recognized organization of individuals with developmental disabilities who want to work together to further the cause of self-advocacy. There are many chapters of the group, one of which is sponsored by The Arc Prince George’s County.
Members of People On The Go help others with disabilities learn to advocate for themselves and work together as a team. The group strives to educate people about being independent, advocate for people’s rights and have fun.
What do self-advocates in People On The Go do?
- Attend monthly chapter meetings and quarterly state meetings
- Elect officers
- Learn about rights and choices
- Teach other to know their rights and strive for independence
- Send letters to legislators
- Attend rallies, conferences and conventions
- Help with fundraising efforts
- Have fun!
How do I get involved?
Any adult who has a developmental disability is welcome to participate in People On The Go. The group meets the second Thursday of every month from 6:00pm – 7:30pm. For more information contact:
301-322-8306 ext 308
Let us know how we can help!
If you have questions about services or programs of The Arc Prince George’s County, or if you need information, please contact us at any time. Our staff are ready to assist you.